Sep 17, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
And now for the least surprising story of the day.
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Brian Wilson bought two pairs of the recently released Nike MAG shoes, as worn by Michael J. Fox in “Back the Future II.” Of course he did. In fact, Wilson was seen wearing a pair in the dugout last night.
While this is consistent with Wilson’s quirky persona, it was for a good cause. The shoes are being auctioned off to benefit research to find a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Wilson dropped between $5,000-$10,000 for each pair.
As for the baseball side of things, Giants pitching coach Dave Righetti said yesterday that Wilson will likely need one more throwing session off a mound before being activated from the disabled list. The Giants’ closer hasn’t pitched since August 15 due to right elbow inflammation.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (179)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)