Sep 17, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
And now for the least surprising story of the day.
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Brian Wilson bought two pairs of the recently released Nike MAG shoes, as worn by Michael J. Fox in “Back the Future II.” Of course he did. In fact, Wilson was seen wearing a pair in the dugout last night.
While this is consistent with Wilson’s quirky persona, it was for a good cause. The shoes are being auctioned off to benefit research to find a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Wilson dropped between $5,000-$10,000 for each pair.
As for the baseball side of things, Giants pitching coach Dave Righetti said yesterday that Wilson will likely need one more throwing session off a mound before being activated from the disabled list. The Giants’ closer hasn’t pitched since August 15 due to right elbow inflammation.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)