Sep 17, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
The Phillies announced a host of roster moves after Triple-A Lehigh Valley lost to the Columbus Clippers in the Governors’ Cup Finals last night. Among them, Domonic Brown has returned to the major league roster.
Brown is batting .246/.335/.393 with five home runs, 19 RBI, three stolen bases and a .728 OPS over 209 plate appearances with the Phillies this season. The 24-year-old outfielder was sent back to the minors in late-July following the acquisition of Hunter Pence. He batted just .227 with one home run over 97 at-bats with the IronPigs down the stretch and went 1-for-16 (.063) as the DH during the playoffs.
Despite the underwhelming results, Brown could still contend for a spot on the playoff roster depending upon whether the Phillies decide to go with 10 or 11 pitchers. Pete Orr and John Bowker are also likely on the bubble.
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 0
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)