Sep 17, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
The Phillies announced a host of roster moves after Triple-A Lehigh Valley lost to the Columbus Clippers in the Governors’ Cup Finals last night. Among them, Domonic Brown has returned to the major league roster.
Brown is batting .246/.335/.393 with five home runs, 19 RBI, three stolen bases and a .728 OPS over 209 plate appearances with the Phillies this season. The 24-year-old outfielder was sent back to the minors in late-July following the acquisition of Hunter Pence. He batted just .227 with one home run over 97 at-bats with the IronPigs down the stretch and went 1-for-16 (.063) as the DH during the playoffs.
Despite the underwhelming results, Brown could still contend for a spot on the playoff roster depending upon whether the Phillies decide to go with 10 or 11 pitchers. Pete Orr and John Bowker are also likely on the bubble.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)