Sep 17, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
From Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution comes word that Braves right-hander Tommy Hanson completed his “third and final” bullpen session Saturday in Atlanta and plans to head to Orlando next week to begin making appearances in instructional league games.
Hanson has been sidelined since the first week of August due to a slight undersurface tear in his right rotator cuff. The 25-year-old starter is hoping to return to the bigs before the end of the regular season so that he can prove his health before the playoffs begin. He wants to be a member of the postseason rotation. And the Braves probably want that even more.
Hanson had an ace-like 3.60 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 142/46 K/BB ratio in 130 innings before the injury.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)