Sep 18, 2011, 3:26 PM EDT
Shocking news out of Seattle. OK, not really.
Figgins suffered a right hip flexor strain back in late July and was placed on the 15-day disabled list at the beginning of August. He should fully recover this winter, but the 33-year-old won’t return to the playing field until the start of spring training next February.
Figgins batted just .188/.241/.243 with one home run, 11 steals and 15 RBI in 313 plate appearances this season for the last-place Mariners. He’s under contract at $9 million in 2012 and $8 million in 2013.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)