Sep 18, 2011, 3:26 PM EST
Shocking news out of Seattle. OK, not really.
Figgins suffered a right hip flexor strain back in late July and was placed on the 15-day disabled list at the beginning of August. He should fully recover this winter, but the 33-year-old won’t return to the playing field until the start of spring training next February.
Figgins batted just .188/.241/.243 with one home run, 11 steals and 15 RBI in 313 plate appearances this season for the last-place Mariners. He’s under contract at $9 million in 2012 and $8 million in 2013.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)