Sep 18, 2011, 3:26 PM EDT
Shocking news out of Seattle. OK, not really.
Figgins suffered a right hip flexor strain back in late July and was placed on the 15-day disabled list at the beginning of August. He should fully recover this winter, but the 33-year-old won’t return to the playing field until the start of spring training next February.
Figgins batted just .188/.241/.243 with one home run, 11 steals and 15 RBI in 313 plate appearances this season for the last-place Mariners. He’s under contract at $9 million in 2012 and $8 million in 2013.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)