Sep 18, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
The announcement was made around 90 minutes before first pitch. Matt Maloney, who has a rough 6.88 ERA and 1.82 WHIP in 17 innings this season, will take the mound for the Reds instead.
Willis should be ready to return to action at some point early next week. The 29-year-old left-hander has registered an 0-6 record, 5.04 ERA, 1.58 WHIP and 51/35 K/BB ratio in 12 starts since joining up with third-place Cincinnati.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)