Sep 18, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Wilson has been sidelined since the middle of August due to inflammation in his throwing elbow. The Giants were considering shutting him down at one point earlier this month, but Wilson continued to make steady progress and is back near 100 percent health with 12 days left in the 2011 regular season.
Wilson has registered a decent 3.19 ERA and 52/31 K/BB ratio through 53 2/3 innings this year while converting 35 of 40 save opportunities. The 29-year-old right-hander is likely to be used in low-pressure situations initially but should recapture his ninth-inning role by the end of this month.
San Francisco is still five games back of the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings and five games behind the Braves in the National League Wild Card mix despite a seven-game winning streak.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 7
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 55
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 68
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)