Live chat/blog: Red Sox-Orioles, Yankees-Twins

Sep 19, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT

chat1

Baseball on a Monday afternoon is always good, so Craig and I will be live chatting throughout today’s Red Sox-Orioles and Yankees-Twins games.

Kyle Weiland (0-2, 7.58 ERA) versus Jeremy Guthrie (8-17, 4.22 ERA)

A.J. Burnett (10-11, 5.20 ERA) versus Scott Diamond (1-4, 3.94 ERA)

Come for the East Coast bias and stay for the snark!

1. halladaysbiceps - Sep 19, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Tomorrow afternoon at 1:05PM the Phillies play the Nationals. I assume there will be a chat session for this game as well tomorrow. Correct?

• vintage1496 - Sep 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM

It’s gonna be REALLY funny if the Phillies don’t win the World Series this year.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Why’s that?

• vintage1496 - Sep 19, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I think it was Roosevelt who said “Speak softly, and carry a big stick.” A loss in the postseason would prove that statement to be all the more relevant… this message board bring the entity not speaking softly, and the Phillies not carrying a big stick.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 19, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Vintage,

This message board nor it’s fan’s are the Philadelphia Phillies. We are not the ones playing the game. We are just fans of the team.

I ask you again, why would it be funny if the Phillies don’t win the WS this year?

• vintage1496 - Sep 19, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I know you’re smart enough to connect the dots, but am amused by your playing coy. Should be a fun October.

• Ace - Sep 19, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Funny how? Funny like the Phillies are clowns, they amuse you? They make you laugh, they’re here to f***in’ amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how?

• vintage1496 - Sep 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Hahahaha. Ace, go get your f***ing shinebox!

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 19, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Vintage,

I’m not being coy. I know exactly what you are talking about. I find it amusing that you don’t want the Phillies to win because there are a few of us (me being obvious) that thump our chests out with this team. It’s simple why we do it. It’s the greatest team that we have ever had in the history of the franchise. But, this indictment should not fall on the Phillies themselves. They should win it all. If they don’t, I believe that this would not be funny. I would rather say that if they don’t win they underachieved and choked. Yes, I use the work choke.

• vintage1496 - Sep 19, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I understand your reasoning for the chest-thumping – if I were a Phillies fan, I would be proud of my team as well. It’s just annoying as hell to read every day about a team that, for all that chest-thumping, has won one World Series in the past however many years that I don’t feel like looking up. Therefore, seeing this potentially historically great team fall short again and witnessing your prophetic musings not come to fruition would amuse me, and I’m sure the vast majority of those who comment on this site.

It goes without saying that you wouldn’t find it funny; they’re your team. But to everyone else, it would incite endless joy.

And I’m genuinely upset that I had to spell that out to someone who routinely makes such intelligent insights.

2. philly56 - Sep 19, 2011 at 1:30 PM

So long as John Lannan doesn’t break Utley’s hand again on Thursday I couldn’t care less about this Nationals series – completely meaningless and there will probably be a bunch of fill-ins tomorrow anyay with the double header.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I’m curious. Why are the games meaningless? Because the Phillies won the NL East and are already in the playoffs? The bunch of fill-ins could be key for the Phillies come postseason. Are you through with watching any more Phillies games until October? Every game means something. There are still questions within the bullpen, as well as bench positions.

3. sdelmonte - Sep 19, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Can’t really do chatblogging from work. Too much stream. But I see that AJ has done his bit to make sure Mo has a save opportunity. Good work, AJ.

4. proudlycanadian - Sep 19, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Baltimore made the right decision when they left Gregg on the bench.

5. phukyouk - Sep 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM

BALLGAME OVER! YANKEES WIN! THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKESS…. WIN! NUMBER 602 IN.THE.BOOKS.

Pitching vs. history in NL wild card game
  1. D. Jeter (3001)