Sep 19, 2011, 4:05 PM EST
This morning I wrote about Vernon Wells predictably not opting out of his massive contract after this season and suggested that his “maybe it’s just society” quote was worthy of what us nerds on the internet call a meme.
I’m not creative enough to actually get that ball rolling, but thankfully Carson Cistulli of Fan Graphs is the man for the job:
My favorite is Tony Reagins on the cell phone.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)