Sep 19, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
This morning I wrote about Vernon Wells predictably not opting out of his massive contract after this season and suggested that his “maybe it’s just society” quote was worthy of what us nerds on the internet call a meme.
I’m not creative enough to actually get that ball rolling, but thankfully Carson Cistulli of Fan Graphs is the man for the job:
My favorite is Tony Reagins on the cell phone.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)