Sep 19, 2011, 4:05 PM EST
This morning I wrote about Vernon Wells predictably not opting out of his massive contract after this season and suggested that his “maybe it’s just society” quote was worthy of what us nerds on the internet call a meme.
I’m not creative enough to actually get that ball rolling, but thankfully Carson Cistulli of Fan Graphs is the man for the job:
My favorite is Tony Reagins on the cell phone.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)