Sep 19, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
This morning I wrote about Vernon Wells predictably not opting out of his massive contract after this season and suggested that his “maybe it’s just society” quote was worthy of what us nerds on the internet call a meme.
I’m not creative enough to actually get that ball rolling, but thankfully Carson Cistulli of Fan Graphs is the man for the job:
My favorite is Tony Reagins on the cell phone.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39