Sep 19, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
Maybe we shouldn’t look too far ahead since the Braves are still fighting to hang on in the Wild Card race, but the odds of Tommy Hanson being ready in time for the postseason are at least looking better.
From David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution comes word that Hanson threw two simulated innings earlier today at the team’s instructional league in Orlando. He is slated to throw three or four innings or a maximum of 65 pitches in another instructional league start on Friday.
If all goes well, Hanson could start the Braves’ regular season finale against the Phillies on September 28. Of course, things could change if the Braves haven’t wrapped up the Wild Card. If the season goes down to the final day, Tim Hudson would start on his scheduled turn.
While Hanson is still in the mix for the first round of the playoffs, things aren’t looking nearly as positive for Jair Jurrjens. He was able to throw 40 pitches in a bullpen session earlier today at Sun Life Stadium in Florida, but O’Brien writes that he probably won’t be an option unless the Braves advance to the NLCS.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 74
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)