Sep 19, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
Maybe we shouldn’t look too far ahead since the Braves are still fighting to hang on in the Wild Card race, but the odds of Tommy Hanson being ready in time for the postseason are at least looking better.
From David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution comes word that Hanson threw two simulated innings earlier today at the team’s instructional league in Orlando. He is slated to throw three or four innings or a maximum of 65 pitches in another instructional league start on Friday.
If all goes well, Hanson could start the Braves’ regular season finale against the Phillies on September 28. Of course, things could change if the Braves haven’t wrapped up the Wild Card. If the season goes down to the final day, Tim Hudson would start on his scheduled turn.
While Hanson is still in the mix for the first round of the playoffs, things aren’t looking nearly as positive for Jair Jurrjens. He was able to throw 40 pitches in a bullpen session earlier today at Sun Life Stadium in Florida, but O’Brien writes that he probably won’t be an option unless the Braves advance to the NLCS.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)