Sep 20, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
His overall numbers look as strong as always, but Braves catcher Brian McCann has struggled mightily since returning from the disabled list in mid-August.
McCann was hitting .303 with an .879 OPS when he was placed on the DL with an oblique strain, but as David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution notes he’s hitting just .167 with 26 strikeouts in 30 games since coming off the shelf.
He’s just 18-for-108 during that time, although six of those hits have been homers and McCann has also drawn 18 walks. However, producing a .632 OPS for five weeks can certainly be tossed into the growing pile of Braves worries as they cling to a 2.5-game lead in the Wild Card race.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (151)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)