Sep 20, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
His overall numbers look as strong as always, but Braves catcher Brian McCann has struggled mightily since returning from the disabled list in mid-August.
McCann was hitting .303 with an .879 OPS when he was placed on the DL with an oblique strain, but as David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution notes he’s hitting just .167 with 26 strikeouts in 30 games since coming off the shelf.
He’s just 18-for-108 during that time, although six of those hits have been homers and McCann has also drawn 18 walks. However, producing a .632 OPS for five weeks can certainly be tossed into the growing pile of Braves worries as they cling to a 2.5-game lead in the Wild Card race.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (67)