Sep 20, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Some potentially bad news for one of the few bright spots for the last-place Astros this season.
Norris gave up three runs on seven hits and two walks over 2 2/3 innings before being pulled from the game. He was scheduled to make one more start before the end of the season, but the Astros will likely decide to play it safe and shut him down for the year.
Norris, 26, has emerged as a solid building block for the starting rotation this season, posting a 3.79 ERA and 175/69 K/BB ratio over 185 1/3 innings.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)