Sep 20, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
Some potentially bad news for one of the few bright spots for the last-place Astros this season.
Norris gave up three runs on seven hits and two walks over 2 2/3 innings before being pulled from the game. He was scheduled to make one more start before the end of the season, but the Astros will likely decide to play it safe and shut him down for the year.
Norris, 26, has emerged as a solid building block for the starting rotation this season, posting a 3.79 ERA and 175/69 K/BB ratio over 185 1/3 innings.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)