Sep 20, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Some potentially bad news for one of the few bright spots for the last-place Astros this season.
Norris gave up three runs on seven hits and two walks over 2 2/3 innings before being pulled from the game. He was scheduled to make one more start before the end of the season, but the Astros will likely decide to play it safe and shut him down for the year.
Norris, 26, has emerged as a solid building block for the starting rotation this season, posting a 3.79 ERA and 175/69 K/BB ratio over 185 1/3 innings.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 77
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)