Sep 20, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Some potentially bad news for one of the few bright spots for the last-place Astros this season.
Norris gave up three runs on seven hits and two walks over 2 2/3 innings before being pulled from the game. He was scheduled to make one more start before the end of the season, but the Astros will likely decide to play it safe and shut him down for the year.
Norris, 26, has emerged as a solid building block for the starting rotation this season, posting a 3.79 ERA and 175/69 K/BB ratio over 185 1/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 88
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)