Sep 20, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
Well this is a perfectly sucky bit of news. Arizona Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. According to the news release it was caught in early stages and everyone is waxing optimistic.
There really aren’t many things one can say about this sort of thing apart from best wishes to Hall for a speedy recovery. Which we hereby say. And seriously: make cancer your own personal Colorado Rockies. Just beat the crap out of it.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)