Sep 20, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
Well this is a perfectly sucky bit of news. Arizona Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. According to the news release it was caught in early stages and everyone is waxing optimistic.
There really aren’t many things one can say about this sort of thing apart from best wishes to Hall for a speedy recovery. Which we hereby say. And seriously: make cancer your own personal Colorado Rockies. Just beat the crap out of it.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 43
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 84
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)