Sep 20, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
Fact: there are a lot of women who would actually want to see “Moneyball” because of the story and couldn’t give a damn about Brad Pitt. Fact: there are a lot of men who would actually want to see “Moneyball” because they think Brad Pitt is a hunk and, you know, screw baseball.
Someone marketing the flick, however, must think they’re playing the percentages. Via Caryn Rose’s 45rpm@jukeboxgraduate, here’s an ad showing up on Facebook today:
Sometimes I think we’re in the 21st century. Then I’m confronted with so much evidence to the contrary.
By the way, I’m Twitter friends with Caryn, and because I’m grateful for the find — which I wasn’t aware was her find when I posted this — I will direct you all to the site about her recently-published novel, called “B-Sides and Broken Hearts.” Think “Hi-Fidelity” from a woman’s point of view.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)