Sep 20, 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
Fact: there are a lot of women who would actually want to see “Moneyball” because of the story and couldn’t give a damn about Brad Pitt. Fact: there are a lot of men who would actually want to see “Moneyball” because they think Brad Pitt is a hunk and, you know, screw baseball.
Someone marketing the flick, however, must think they’re playing the percentages. Via Caryn Rose’s 45rpm@jukeboxgraduate, here’s an ad showing up on Facebook today:
Sometimes I think we’re in the 21st century. Then I’m confronted with so much evidence to the contrary.
By the way, I’m Twitter friends with Caryn, and because I’m grateful for the find — which I wasn’t aware was her find when I posted this — I will direct you all to the site about her recently-published novel, called “B-Sides and Broken Hearts.” Think “Hi-Fidelity” from a woman’s point of view.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 33
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)