Sep 20, 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
Fact: there are a lot of women who would actually want to see “Moneyball” because of the story and couldn’t give a damn about Brad Pitt. Fact: there are a lot of men who would actually want to see “Moneyball” because they think Brad Pitt is a hunk and, you know, screw baseball.
Someone marketing the flick, however, must think they’re playing the percentages. Via Caryn Rose’s 45rpm@jukeboxgraduate, here’s an ad showing up on Facebook today:
Sometimes I think we’re in the 21st century. Then I’m confronted with so much evidence to the contrary.
By the way, I’m Twitter friends with Caryn, and because I’m grateful for the find — which I wasn’t aware was her find when I posted this — I will direct you all to the site about her recently-published novel, called “B-Sides and Broken Hearts.” Think “Hi-Fidelity” from a woman’s point of view.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8