Sep 20, 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
Fact: there are a lot of women who would actually want to see “Moneyball” because of the story and couldn’t give a damn about Brad Pitt. Fact: there are a lot of men who would actually want to see “Moneyball” because they think Brad Pitt is a hunk and, you know, screw baseball.
Someone marketing the flick, however, must think they’re playing the percentages. Via Caryn Rose’s 45rpm@jukeboxgraduate, here’s an ad showing up on Facebook today:
Sometimes I think we’re in the 21st century. Then I’m confronted with so much evidence to the contrary.
By the way, I’m Twitter friends with Caryn, and because I’m grateful for the find — which I wasn’t aware was her find when I posted this — I will direct you all to the site about her recently-published novel, called “B-Sides and Broken Hearts.” Think “Hi-Fidelity” from a woman’s point of view.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 4
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)