Sep 20, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Two reasons why I think the Red Sox have locked up the wild card. First: because Curt Schilling said today that he didn’t think they’d do it, and he’s wrong about everything.
Second, because Gordon Edes just tweeted the following from the Red Sox clubhouse:
Look, if even a fraction of Flair’s greatness rubbed off on the Bosox, consider this race over. He has more cars than you have friends, jack. He’s a limousine ridin’, jet flyin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’ son of a gun. Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it still has the longest line, brother.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)