Sep 20, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Two reasons why I think the Red Sox have locked up the wild card. First: because Curt Schilling said today that he didn’t think they’d do it, and he’s wrong about everything.
Second, because Gordon Edes just tweeted the following from the Red Sox clubhouse:
Look, if even a fraction of Flair’s greatness rubbed off on the Bosox, consider this race over. He has more cars than you have friends, jack. He’s a limousine ridin’, jet flyin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’ son of a gun. Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it still has the longest line, brother.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11