Sep 20, 2011, 5:01 PM EST
Two reasons why I think the Red Sox have locked up the wild card. First: because Curt Schilling said today that he didn’t think they’d do it, and he’s wrong about everything.
Second, because Gordon Edes just tweeted the following from the Red Sox clubhouse:
Look, if even a fraction of Flair’s greatness rubbed off on the Bosox, consider this race over. He has more cars than you have friends, jack. He’s a limousine ridin’, jet flyin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’ son of a gun. Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it still has the longest line, brother.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)