Sep 20, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Giants fan Billy Chamberlain turned up for the team’s game in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The homeless 49-year-old, previously a fixture outside the Giants clubhouse in San Francisco for five years, said he’d been living in Southern California for awhile and that he had no idea the Giants had started a campaign to find him.
Chamberlain was featured in several articles earlier this month after he stopped showing up to Giants games at the end of July. The Giants had posted his photo on the scoreboard during games in an effort to discover his whereabouts.
While he’s living in SoCal now, Chamberlain remains very much a Giants supporter. He said he tried to see the team in San Diego earlier this month, but that security shooed him away at the time.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (145)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (140)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)