Sep 20, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Giants fan Billy Chamberlain turned up for the team’s game in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The homeless 49-year-old, previously a fixture outside the Giants clubhouse in San Francisco for five years, said he’d been living in Southern California for awhile and that he had no idea the Giants had started a campaign to find him.
Chamberlain was featured in several articles earlier this month after he stopped showing up to Giants games at the end of July. The Giants had posted his photo on the scoreboard during games in an effort to discover his whereabouts.
While he’s living in SoCal now, Chamberlain remains very much a Giants supporter. He said he tried to see the team in San Diego earlier this month, but that security shooed him away at the time.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)