Sep 20, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Giants fan Billy Chamberlain turned up for the team’s game in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The homeless 49-year-old, previously a fixture outside the Giants clubhouse in San Francisco for five years, said he’d been living in Southern California for awhile and that he had no idea the Giants had started a campaign to find him.
Chamberlain was featured in several articles earlier this month after he stopped showing up to Giants games at the end of July. The Giants had posted his photo on the scoreboard during games in an effort to discover his whereabouts.
While he’s living in SoCal now, Chamberlain remains very much a Giants supporter. He said he tried to see the team in San Diego earlier this month, but that security shooed him away at the time.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 13
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 24
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)