Sep 20, 2011, 6:55 PM EST
Giants fan Billy Chamberlain turned up for the team’s game in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The homeless 49-year-old, previously a fixture outside the Giants clubhouse in San Francisco for five years, said he’d been living in Southern California for awhile and that he had no idea the Giants had started a campaign to find him.
Chamberlain was featured in several articles earlier this month after he stopped showing up to Giants games at the end of July. The Giants had posted his photo on the scoreboard during games in an effort to discover his whereabouts.
While he’s living in SoCal now, Chamberlain remains very much a Giants supporter. He said he tried to see the team in San Diego earlier this month, but that security shooed him away at the time.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)