Sep 20, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Giants fan Billy Chamberlain turned up for the team’s game in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The homeless 49-year-old, previously a fixture outside the Giants clubhouse in San Francisco for five years, said he’d been living in Southern California for awhile and that he had no idea the Giants had started a campaign to find him.
Chamberlain was featured in several articles earlier this month after he stopped showing up to Giants games at the end of July. The Giants had posted his photo on the scoreboard during games in an effort to discover his whereabouts.
While he’s living in SoCal now, Chamberlain remains very much a Giants supporter. He said he tried to see the team in San Diego earlier this month, but that security shooed him away at the time.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8