Missing Giants fan Billy Chamberlain turns up in Los Angeles

Sep 20, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT

Billy Chamberlain

Giants fan Billy Chamberlain turned up for the team’s game in Los Angeles on Tuesday.  The homeless 49-year-old, previously a fixture outside the Giants clubhouse in San Francisco for five years, said he’d been living in Southern California for awhile and that he had no idea the Giants had started a campaign to find him.

Chamberlain was featured in several articles earlier this month after he stopped showing up to Giants games at the end of July.  The Giants had posted his photo on the scoreboard during games in an effort to discover his whereabouts.

While he’s living in SoCal now, Chamberlain remains very much a Giants supporter.  He said he tried to see the team in San Diego earlier this month, but that security shooed him away at the time.

1. halladaysbiceps - Sep 20, 2011 at 7:04 PM

This is great news!!! Like I said last month when his story was posted on HBT and people were fearing the worse, I stated that you never know about homeless people/transients and their intentions. He probably moved on, as I stated. This was proven to be true, and I’m glad.

It is good to know he’s OK, though.

• triplecrownking - Sep 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM

You are a real boner just like other phillie fans I know…had to toot your own horn about how you were right even on a subject like this. I can’t imagine what it would be like to call you family. We might not have as many wins as the phillies but at least our fans aren’t pure dbags.

• The Common Man - Sep 20, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Jesus Christ, back the hell off, TCK. I don’t know what ‘Cepts did to you, but I don’t think he did anything in his comment to deserve your lame insults.

I don’t know what team you’re a fan of, but I feel confident after reading your thoughts that they have at least one pure D-bag rooting for them.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Common Man,

Thanks for the support. I’m glad we ironed things out on twitter tonight. We just had (me, of course) had our signals crossed. I look forward to talking some playoff baseball with you, paperlions and all the other guys. I’m good now.

• triplecrownking - Sep 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Wow you two ironed it out on your date tonight.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM

triplecrownking,

We did. We’re dating. Let me ask you a question, sir. You have a handle of triplecrownking. Who are you referring to? Who is the triple crown king?

• triplecrownking - Sep 20, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Hornsby or Williams statistically …I still say the Mick was better than them both.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 20, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Mickey Mantle was the greatest switch hitter that ever lived. He had equal power from both sides of the plate. If not for his knees, he would have been the greatest ballplayer that ever was.

Ted Williams was the greatest pure hitter that ever lived.

2. ThisIsBaseball - Sep 20, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Fantastic news!! Glad he’s doing okay!

3. halladaysbiceps - Sep 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Thanks for the update, Matthew. Best news I heard all day.

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto