Sep 20, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Baggarly, Giants manager Bruce Bochy just said that Sandoval could require surgery on his left shoulder following the season.
8:01 PM: The Giants have won eight straight games to move to within 3 1/2 games of the Braves in the Wild Card race, but they’ll be without their hottest hitter tonight.
Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Pablo Sandoval will sit tonight against the Dodgers because he’s not able to swing right-handed. He is apparently still feeling the effects of a strained left shoulder suffered last month.
That means the Giants trot this out against Cy Young hopeful Clayton Kershaw tonight:
Good luck with that, Tim Lincecum.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 13
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 24
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)