Sep 20, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Baggarly, Giants manager Bruce Bochy just said that Sandoval could require surgery on his left shoulder following the season.
8:01 PM: The Giants have won eight straight games to move to within 3 1/2 games of the Braves in the Wild Card race, but they’ll be without their hottest hitter tonight.
Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Pablo Sandoval will sit tonight against the Dodgers because he’s not able to swing right-handed. He is apparently still feeling the effects of a strained left shoulder suffered last month.
That means the Giants trot this out against Cy Young hopeful Clayton Kershaw tonight:
Good luck with that, Tim Lincecum.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)