Sep 20, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
If they ever find this person, I vote for multiple death penalties:
Someone has stolen a pair of glasses off a statue of late Tigers broadcaster Ernie Harwell that stands at Comerica Park in Detroit. Columnist Neal Rubin with The Detroit News reports that the team noticed the vandalism in July and a new pair should be in place by Thursday’s game.
It’s unclear exactly how — or when — the glasses were taken. The Tigers notified artist Omri Amrany, who oversaw the statue of Harwell, about the theft. Amrany says the glasses are being cast at a foundry in Kalamazoo and will be attached by either a foundry worker or sculptor Lou Cella, who created the piece.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)