Sep 20, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
If they ever find this person, I vote for multiple death penalties:
Someone has stolen a pair of glasses off a statue of late Tigers broadcaster Ernie Harwell that stands at Comerica Park in Detroit. Columnist Neal Rubin with The Detroit News reports that the team noticed the vandalism in July and a new pair should be in place by Thursday’s game.
It’s unclear exactly how — or when — the glasses were taken. The Tigers notified artist Omri Amrany, who oversaw the statue of Harwell, about the theft. Amrany says the glasses are being cast at a foundry in Kalamazoo and will be attached by either a foundry worker or sculptor Lou Cella, who created the piece.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)