Great Moments in self-promotion: I’ll be on NBC SportsTalk again tonight

Sep 21, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT

old TV

Because NBC SportsTalk isn’t going to unseat SportsCenter as the most-watched evening sports studio show (weeknight division) by itself, I feel like I need to note when I’m on.  No, not because I think you’ll all flock to it. To the contrary, I consider it more of a warning. After all, if my pasty, lisping visage unsettles too many people when they see it, they’ll never come back to watch when the handsome men talking about football are on.

So consider this a service: DO NOT watch me talking about the Braves chances to hold on to their wild card lead. Make sure you turn off your TV — which was likely already tuned to the Versus Network — at 6PM Eastern time tonight. If you fail to heed my advice, you’ll be stuck with me talking for a few minutes, likely right after the Yankees-Rays highlights.

America: consider yourself … WARNED!

1. sportsdrenched.com - Sep 21, 2011 at 1:12 PM

If that vague swirly thing in the pitcure is supposed to be a subliminal message to watch NBC SportsTalk…I’m interested, but I’m not bumping up my Dish deal to do it.

2. Francisco (FC) - Sep 21, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Reverse Psychology is the oldest trick in the book Craig. You’d do better by letting me make a post on my blog on how the Lair will announce its plans for Baseball Domination on NBC tonight, if it strikes my fancy I may make one yet…

3. CJ - Sep 21, 2011 at 1:16 PM

I refuse to watch unless and until you go on that show rocking the bathrobe and bubble pipe. :D

4. sportsdrenched.com - Sep 21, 2011 at 1:20 PM

When was the last time any of you watched SportsCenter. And I don’t mean you turned it on and then got ready for work or something. I mean, actually watched it. I can’t remember the last time I did that.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM

1992.

• APBA Guy - Sep 21, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I HATE Sportscenter. All shtick, all the time. Only with the sound off, and only in a hotel room on a business trip.

5. proudlycanadian - Sep 21, 2011 at 1:26 PM

So how is your health Craig? Any hammy, pulled groin or oblique strain to talk about while you are on the air.

6. halladaysbiceps - Sep 21, 2011 at 1:26 PM

In that picture, what is that cubical object with glass in the middle and a piece of metal sticking out of the top of it?

7. drewmunny - Sep 21, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Wear the I.O.U. sweatshirt! C’mon, it’ll be a real gas!

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate