Sep 21, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Because NBC SportsTalk isn’t going to unseat SportsCenter as the most-watched evening sports studio show (weeknight division) by itself, I feel like I need to note when I’m on. No, not because I think you’ll all flock to it. To the contrary, I consider it more of a warning. After all, if my pasty, lisping visage unsettles too many people when they see it, they’ll never come back to watch when the handsome men talking about football are on.
So consider this a service: DO NOT watch me talking about the Braves chances to hold on to their wild card lead. Make sure you turn off your TV — which was likely already tuned to the Versus Network — at 6PM Eastern time tonight. If you fail to heed my advice, you’ll be stuck with me talking for a few minutes, likely right after the Yankees-Rays highlights.
America: consider yourself … WARNED!
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)