Sep 21, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Because NBC SportsTalk isn’t going to unseat SportsCenter as the most-watched evening sports studio show (weeknight division) by itself, I feel like I need to note when I’m on. No, not because I think you’ll all flock to it. To the contrary, I consider it more of a warning. After all, if my pasty, lisping visage unsettles too many people when they see it, they’ll never come back to watch when the handsome men talking about football are on.
So consider this a service: DO NOT watch me talking about the Braves chances to hold on to their wild card lead. Make sure you turn off your TV — which was likely already tuned to the Versus Network — at 6PM Eastern time tonight. If you fail to heed my advice, you’ll be stuck with me talking for a few minutes, likely right after the Yankees-Rays highlights.
America: consider yourself … WARNED!
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)