Sep 21, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Because NBC SportsTalk isn’t going to unseat SportsCenter as the most-watched evening sports studio show (weeknight division) by itself, I feel like I need to note when I’m on. No, not because I think you’ll all flock to it. To the contrary, I consider it more of a warning. After all, if my pasty, lisping visage unsettles too many people when they see it, they’ll never come back to watch when the handsome men talking about football are on.
So consider this a service: DO NOT watch me talking about the Braves chances to hold on to their wild card lead. Make sure you turn off your TV — which was likely already tuned to the Versus Network — at 6PM Eastern time tonight. If you fail to heed my advice, you’ll be stuck with me talking for a few minutes, likely right after the Yankees-Rays highlights.
America: consider yourself … WARNED!
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 4
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 291
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (291)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)