Sep 21, 2011, 4:42 PM EST
UPDATE: Pence may feel great, but an MRI exam revealed a strained patella tendon and he’s not in the lineup today. According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com the team is hoping he can play at some point over the weekend.
Knee is feeling great everyone thanks for your concern. Excited to get back at it today. No complacency.
Pence has played through knee problems all season and manager Charlie Manuel said that he “was wanting to play” in Game 2, but the Phillies thought better of it. It was the first game Pence has missed since leaving the Astros.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)