Sep 21, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Pence may feel great, but an MRI exam revealed a strained patella tendon and he’s not in the lineup today. According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com the team is hoping he can play at some point over the weekend.
Knee is feeling great everyone thanks for your concern. Excited to get back at it today. No complacency.
Pence has played through knee problems all season and manager Charlie Manuel said that he “was wanting to play” in Game 2, but the Phillies thought better of it. It was the first game Pence has missed since leaving the Astros.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)