Sep 21, 2011, 4:42 PM EST
UPDATE: Pence may feel great, but an MRI exam revealed a strained patella tendon and he’s not in the lineup today. According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com the team is hoping he can play at some point over the weekend.
Knee is feeling great everyone thanks for your concern. Excited to get back at it today. No complacency.
Pence has played through knee problems all season and manager Charlie Manuel said that he “was wanting to play” in Game 2, but the Phillies thought better of it. It was the first game Pence has missed since leaving the Astros.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)