Sep 21, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Pence may feel great, but an MRI exam revealed a strained patella tendon and he’s not in the lineup today. According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com the team is hoping he can play at some point over the weekend.
Knee is feeling great everyone thanks for your concern. Excited to get back at it today. No complacency.
Pence has played through knee problems all season and manager Charlie Manuel said that he “was wanting to play” in Game 2, but the Phillies thought better of it. It was the first game Pence has missed since leaving the Astros.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)