Sep 21, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Pence may feel great, but an MRI exam revealed a strained patella tendon and he’s not in the lineup today. According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com the team is hoping he can play at some point over the weekend.
Knee is feeling great everyone thanks for your concern. Excited to get back at it today. No complacency.
Pence has played through knee problems all season and manager Charlie Manuel said that he “was wanting to play” in Game 2, but the Phillies thought better of it. It was the first game Pence has missed since leaving the Astros.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 112
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (126)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (100)