Sep 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I’m not a superstitious man, but at some point Fate just doesn’t like to be tempted. This, it seems to me, is not just tempting fate, but taunting it:
The Braves won last night, but they’re by no means a lock to win this thing. Especially considering their final six games come against a Nats team that gives them all kinds of hell and the Phillies while the Cards get two more against the Mets and then series against the Cubs and Astros.
And that’s before you acknowledge that while, sure, the Braves have had their postseason moments, the first thing that most people think about when they put the Braves and October together is the failure to fulfill expectations.
And yes, I plan on being totally depressed about all of this until the Braves clinch or are eliminated.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 4
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)