Sep 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I’m not a superstitious man, but at some point Fate just doesn’t like to be tempted. This, it seems to me, is not just tempting fate, but taunting it:
The Braves won last night, but they’re by no means a lock to win this thing. Especially considering their final six games come against a Nats team that gives them all kinds of hell and the Phillies while the Cards get two more against the Mets and then series against the Cubs and Astros.
And that’s before you acknowledge that while, sure, the Braves have had their postseason moments, the first thing that most people think about when they put the Braves and October together is the failure to fulfill expectations.
And yes, I plan on being totally depressed about all of this until the Braves clinch or are eliminated.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)