Sep 21, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Quade got the full-time job after taking over for Lou Piniella last season and going 24-13 down the stretch as interim manager, and he’s at least got the Cubs playing .500 ball since the All-Star break.
“I plan to be back and I plan to do a good job next year,” Quade told Carrie Muskat of MLB.com. “That’s he way I look at things. There’s no other way to look at it. Why would I look at it any other way?”
Of course, Muskat notes that Quade has yet to discuss his future with owner Tom Ricketts and there’s a pretty good chance the person hired as general manager will want to bring in his own manager. Quade is under contract for next season, but his future is very much up in the air.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 3
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 20
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges