Sep 21, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
Quade got the full-time job after taking over for Lou Piniella last season and going 24-13 down the stretch as interim manager, and he’s at least got the Cubs playing .500 ball since the All-Star break.
“I plan to be back and I plan to do a good job next year,” Quade told Carrie Muskat of MLB.com. “That’s he way I look at things. There’s no other way to look at it. Why would I look at it any other way?”
Of course, Muskat notes that Quade has yet to discuss his future with owner Tom Ricketts and there’s a pretty good chance the person hired as general manager will want to bring in his own manager. Quade is under contract for next season, but his future is very much up in the air.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)