Sep 21, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Maury Brown found this on a message board yesterday. It purports to be the new Marlins logo, though some have suggested it’s a fake. Others have suggested that it’s a temporary thing just being floated for public feedback, and if it’s mocked it will be disowned by the team. Either way, I assume someone will verify it or debunk it at some point today. Your thoughts?
My thoughts: Everyone will focus on the rainbow color scheme, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. It’s Florida, the sun is bright, the new ballpark is supposed to have a lot of color going on and it’s all good. I can’t imagine that they’ll do something similarly rainbowy for their uniforms, because baseball just doesn’t roll like that anymore. I bet the multi-colors are so that they can sell a broader palate of merchandise that is still in official colors.
The stylized fish is interesting, though. Makes it almost look more like an airline than a baseball team.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)