Sep 21, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
Maury Brown found this on a message board yesterday. It purports to be the new Marlins logo, though some have suggested it’s a fake. Others have suggested that it’s a temporary thing just being floated for public feedback, and if it’s mocked it will be disowned by the team. Either way, I assume someone will verify it or debunk it at some point today. Your thoughts?
My thoughts: Everyone will focus on the rainbow color scheme, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. It’s Florida, the sun is bright, the new ballpark is supposed to have a lot of color going on and it’s all good. I can’t imagine that they’ll do something similarly rainbowy for their uniforms, because baseball just doesn’t roll like that anymore. I bet the multi-colors are so that they can sell a broader palate of merchandise that is still in official colors.
The stylized fish is interesting, though. Makes it almost look more like an airline than a baseball team.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)