Sep 21, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Maury Brown found this on a message board yesterday. It purports to be the new Marlins logo, though some have suggested it’s a fake. Others have suggested that it’s a temporary thing just being floated for public feedback, and if it’s mocked it will be disowned by the team. Either way, I assume someone will verify it or debunk it at some point today. Your thoughts?
My thoughts: Everyone will focus on the rainbow color scheme, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. It’s Florida, the sun is bright, the new ballpark is supposed to have a lot of color going on and it’s all good. I can’t imagine that they’ll do something similarly rainbowy for their uniforms, because baseball just doesn’t roll like that anymore. I bet the multi-colors are so that they can sell a broader palate of merchandise that is still in official colors.
The stylized fish is interesting, though. Makes it almost look more like an airline than a baseball team.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 15
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 26
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 26
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)