Sep 21, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
Maury Brown found this on a message board yesterday. It purports to be the new Marlins logo, though some have suggested it’s a fake. Others have suggested that it’s a temporary thing just being floated for public feedback, and if it’s mocked it will be disowned by the team. Either way, I assume someone will verify it or debunk it at some point today. Your thoughts?
My thoughts: Everyone will focus on the rainbow color scheme, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. It’s Florida, the sun is bright, the new ballpark is supposed to have a lot of color going on and it’s all good. I can’t imagine that they’ll do something similarly rainbowy for their uniforms, because baseball just doesn’t roll like that anymore. I bet the multi-colors are so that they can sell a broader palate of merchandise that is still in official colors.
The stylized fish is interesting, though. Makes it almost look more like an airline than a baseball team.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 112
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 19
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 208
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (209)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)