Sep 21, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
Maury Brown found this on a message board yesterday. It purports to be the new Marlins logo, though some have suggested it’s a fake. Others have suggested that it’s a temporary thing just being floated for public feedback, and if it’s mocked it will be disowned by the team. Either way, I assume someone will verify it or debunk it at some point today. Your thoughts?
My thoughts: Everyone will focus on the rainbow color scheme, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. It’s Florida, the sun is bright, the new ballpark is supposed to have a lot of color going on and it’s all good. I can’t imagine that they’ll do something similarly rainbowy for their uniforms, because baseball just doesn’t roll like that anymore. I bet the multi-colors are so that they can sell a broader palate of merchandise that is still in official colors.
The stylized fish is interesting, though. Makes it almost look more like an airline than a baseball team.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 42
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 33
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)