Sep 22, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
As time goes on, this is far less of a baseball story, but so many of you have continued to ask and voice concern about Bryan Stow’s condition, that I feel it worthy of providing updates from time to time.
The latest: Stow’s family has posted an update of his condition on their website. And while there are obviously serious health problems that now and likely always will bedevil him, there is one bit of good news: Stow is talking. He was able to name his children and his birth date.
It’s easy to overreact to good news. But that doesn’t make it any less good.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (123)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)