Sep 22, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
As time goes on, this is far less of a baseball story, but so many of you have continued to ask and voice concern about Bryan Stow’s condition, that I feel it worthy of providing updates from time to time.
The latest: Stow’s family has posted an update of his condition on their website. And while there are obviously serious health problems that now and likely always will bedevil him, there is one bit of good news: Stow is talking. He was able to name his children and his birth date.
It’s easy to overreact to good news. But that doesn’t make it any less good.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 30
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 54
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)