HBT Extra: Where did the Angels come from?

Sep 22, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT

Tiffany and I talk about the Angels' arrival in the wild card chase
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. Jonny 5 - Sep 22, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Only Tiffany, and other Angels who walk the earth would know the answer to that question….

2. Chris Fiorentino - Sep 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Craig turned 9 shades of red when Tiffany mentioned that he would have to buy her dinner…

The stinking Red Sox only have to play .500 ball to force either the Rays or Angels to win ALL THEIR GAMES and it is amazing ust how much they suck right now that people don’t even think they can do that. It’s almost a foregone conclusion that they won’t make the playoffs right now when…think about it…they can go 3-3 and either the Rays or Angels would have to go 6-1 to force a TIE!!!!!!!! Insane.

3. yankeesfanlen - Sep 22, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I am quite sure that the Universe would LET the BoSox win all 3 games to not face the Angels in the ALDS.

4. cur68 - Sep 22, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Ahhhh, a happy Tiffany is a tonic to the nerves; like bathing your brain in sunshine…mmmm…nice.

But you both missed the point of the Angels surge. Don’t you see it? It’s Vernon Wells. He’s doing it again. AGAIN dammit! The man exists like a thorn in the paw of the cur. Just a nagging pain, a sharp stab every time I try to put my paw down and enjoy some Beaver Men Baseball. He pretty much epitomized maddening when he was on the Blue Bird squad. Now that he’s on the side of the Angels he’s added a new layer to his repertoire of driving me nuts. He’s hitting just a hair better than Mendoza (.215) @ .225 (of course the line for suckitude should be Tony LaRussa down there at a career BA of .199). But put on a Beaver Men uniform and try and throw a ball past him and guess what? Suddenly he’s Hank Aaron.

Welllllls! WEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLS! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssss *grasps chest, staggers around, collapses*

He’ll be the death of me, I’m sure of it.

However, if he contributes to Tiffany getting happier and happier on these things then hell yes, you go Vernon. You go big.

(Now watch. He’ll revert back to sucking. Just to Drive. Me. CRAZY!!!!)

• Francisco (FC) - Sep 22, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I may have to give Cur a guest post on the Lair…

• cur68 - Sep 22, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Oh, puuuuu-leeeeaaaaaase can I be some random stray mongrel digging in his Craig’s trash? PLEEEEEEAAAAAAASE????!!!! I’ll even roll over and let Tiffany scratch my belly….ok, I’d probably have to be kicked off her leg and threatened with a rolled up newspaper but I’d definitely do it with dignity and class as befitting all such interactions with her.

5. jarathen - Sep 23, 2011 at 10:31 AM

The Angels will fail to capitalize. Trust this Angels fan. Rays or Red Sox.

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate