Sep 22, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
Earlier this week Lance Berkman said that it was all about the money. So the Cardinals came through with the money: they’ve agreed to a one-year deal. The terms have not been disclosed, but some people are tweeting around that it’s a $12 million deal. We’ll update if and when that number is confirmed.
Which is probably right for a guy who has hit .300/.412/.555 with 31 home runs, 91 RBI and a .967 OPS. You don’t go $12 million in average annual value for him over any long period of time, but for one year? Sure, why not.
Next up: The Cardinals focus on Albert Pujols. Given that they’re on a winning streak in every way imaginable right now, is there any doubt that gets done before Thanksgiving?
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)