Sep 22, 2011, 12:31 PM EST
Earlier this week Lance Berkman said that it was all about the money. So the Cardinals came through with the money: they’ve agreed to a one-year deal. The terms have not been disclosed, but some people are tweeting around that it’s a $12 million deal. We’ll update if and when that number is confirmed.
Which is probably right for a guy who has hit .300/.412/.555 with 31 home runs, 91 RBI and a .967 OPS. You don’t go $12 million in average annual value for him over any long period of time, but for one year? Sure, why not.
Next up: The Cardinals focus on Albert Pujols. Given that they’re on a winning streak in every way imaginable right now, is there any doubt that gets done before Thanksgiving?
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)