Sep 22, 2011, 5:02 PM EST
“We were trying to have some fun on the air and in trying to have some fun somebody took a story and ran with it and said that I said that Smoltzy cheated in the game,” he said. When asked directly if Smoltz cheated he said “absolutely not” and “that’s a bunch of bologna.” He also played the “my comments were taken out of context” card.
But he did say that pine tar was used at least a little bit:
“With something like pine tar, that’s not doctoring a baseball. That’s trying to get a grip when it’s cold. What’s wrong with that?”
I guess nothin’ if “everybody does it.” Right Leo?
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)