Sep 22, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
“We were trying to have some fun on the air and in trying to have some fun somebody took a story and ran with it and said that I said that Smoltzy cheated in the game,” he said. When asked directly if Smoltz cheated he said “absolutely not” and “that’s a bunch of bologna.” He also played the “my comments were taken out of context” card.
But he did say that pine tar was used at least a little bit:
“With something like pine tar, that’s not doctoring a baseball. That’s trying to get a grip when it’s cold. What’s wrong with that?”
I guess nothin’ if “everybody does it.” Right Leo?
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (70)