Sep 22, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
A day after everyone hated on the Marlins allegedly new logo, another logo leak has occurred. This time it’s the Blue Jays, and Paul Lukas of UniWatch has confirmed it’s legit.
I like the return to the old school bird. The splash of red from the maple leaf has always bugged me whenever the Jays have employed it — it’s a color thing, not a Canadian thing — but any chance to remind folks that, hey, they represent a whole country is quite appropriate.
I’d be really surprised if new uniforms went retro too — that old Jays font and the bird in the center of the jersey was cool, but it’s certainly dated — but anything that moves them away from the somewhat aggressively stylized logos and looks they’ve sported the past few years is welcome in my view.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)