Sep 22, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
A day after everyone hated on the Marlins allegedly new logo, another logo leak has occurred. This time it’s the Blue Jays, and Paul Lukas of UniWatch has confirmed it’s legit.
I like the return to the old school bird. The splash of red from the maple leaf has always bugged me whenever the Jays have employed it — it’s a color thing, not a Canadian thing — but any chance to remind folks that, hey, they represent a whole country is quite appropriate.
I’d be really surprised if new uniforms went retro too — that old Jays font and the bird in the center of the jersey was cool, but it’s certainly dated — but anything that moves them away from the somewhat aggressively stylized logos and looks they’ve sported the past few years is welcome in my view.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 10
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)