Sep 22, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
A day after everyone hated on the Marlins allegedly new logo, another logo leak has occurred. This time it’s the Blue Jays, and Paul Lukas of UniWatch has confirmed it’s legit.
I like the return to the old school bird. The splash of red from the maple leaf has always bugged me whenever the Jays have employed it — it’s a color thing, not a Canadian thing — but any chance to remind folks that, hey, they represent a whole country is quite appropriate.
I’d be really surprised if new uniforms went retro too — that old Jays font and the bird in the center of the jersey was cool, but it’s certainly dated — but anything that moves them away from the somewhat aggressively stylized logos and looks they’ve sported the past few years is welcome in my view.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 6
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 24
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)