Sep 22, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
A day after everyone hated on the Marlins allegedly new logo, another logo leak has occurred. This time it’s the Blue Jays, and Paul Lukas of UniWatch has confirmed it’s legit.
I like the return to the old school bird. The splash of red from the maple leaf has always bugged me whenever the Jays have employed it — it’s a color thing, not a Canadian thing — but any chance to remind folks that, hey, they represent a whole country is quite appropriate.
I’d be really surprised if new uniforms went retro too — that old Jays font and the bird in the center of the jersey was cool, but it’s certainly dated — but anything that moves them away from the somewhat aggressively stylized logos and looks they’ve sported the past few years is welcome in my view.
- No, baseball does not to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 6
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)