Sep 22, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
In the past 12 hours I have received approximately 50 tweets from people about just how bad the Braves suck. Thankfully, most of them have been funny. I mean, sure, this skid has been miserable and there’s a great chance that the worst is yet to come (elimination!) but you can’t help but laugh or else you’ll just go nuts, and no event in sports is worth that.
Best tweet I’ve gotten on the matter so far came in a few minutes ago from J. Freedom du Lac:
Braves-Bosox would be the best NIT matchup in years, don’t you think?
Ouch. But really, the only hope for Braves fans right now is that Boston woofs away the wild card too, because the anger, rage and misery coming from that fan base will make most everyone forget how badly the Braves choked too.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)