Sep 22, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
In the past 12 hours I have received approximately 50 tweets from people about just how bad the Braves suck. Thankfully, most of them have been funny. I mean, sure, this skid has been miserable and there’s a great chance that the worst is yet to come (elimination!) but you can’t help but laugh or else you’ll just go nuts, and no event in sports is worth that.
Best tweet I’ve gotten on the matter so far came in a few minutes ago from J. Freedom du Lac:
Braves-Bosox would be the best NIT matchup in years, don’t you think?
Ouch. But really, the only hope for Braves fans right now is that Boston woofs away the wild card too, because the anger, rage and misery coming from that fan base will make most everyone forget how badly the Braves choked too.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)