Sep 22, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
In the past 12 hours I have received approximately 50 tweets from people about just how bad the Braves suck. Thankfully, most of them have been funny. I mean, sure, this skid has been miserable and there’s a great chance that the worst is yet to come (elimination!) but you can’t help but laugh or else you’ll just go nuts, and no event in sports is worth that.
Best tweet I’ve gotten on the matter so far came in a few minutes ago from J. Freedom du Lac:
Braves-Bosox would be the best NIT matchup in years, don’t you think?
Ouch. But really, the only hope for Braves fans right now is that Boston woofs away the wild card too, because the anger, rage and misery coming from that fan base will make most everyone forget how badly the Braves choked too.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 74
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)