Sep 22, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
In the past 12 hours I have received approximately 50 tweets from people about just how bad the Braves suck. Thankfully, most of them have been funny. I mean, sure, this skid has been miserable and there’s a great chance that the worst is yet to come (elimination!) but you can’t help but laugh or else you’ll just go nuts, and no event in sports is worth that.
Best tweet I’ve gotten on the matter so far came in a few minutes ago from J. Freedom du Lac:
Braves-Bosox would be the best NIT matchup in years, don’t you think?
Ouch. But really, the only hope for Braves fans right now is that Boston woofs away the wild card too, because the anger, rage and misery coming from that fan base will make most everyone forget how badly the Braves choked too.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)