Sep 22, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
In the past 12 hours I have received approximately 50 tweets from people about just how bad the Braves suck. Thankfully, most of them have been funny. I mean, sure, this skid has been miserable and there’s a great chance that the worst is yet to come (elimination!) but you can’t help but laugh or else you’ll just go nuts, and no event in sports is worth that.
Best tweet I’ve gotten on the matter so far came in a few minutes ago from J. Freedom du Lac:
Braves-Bosox would be the best NIT matchup in years, don’t you think?
Ouch. But really, the only hope for Braves fans right now is that Boston woofs away the wild card too, because the anger, rage and misery coming from that fan base will make most everyone forget how badly the Braves choked too.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 39
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 49
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 93
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)