Sep 23, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
Hanson, out since early August with a small tear in his rotator cuff, felt pain in his shoulder blade while working in an instructional league game Friday and exited after two innings.
The hope was that Hanson would go three or four innings today and then start the regular-season finale for the Braves on Wednesday, putting him in line to potentially pitch in the NLDS. Since Wednesday’s session is out now, it’s hard to imagine the Braves carrying him on their playoff roster. Perhaps he’ll be a possibility if they advance to the NLCS.
The news was even worse for Moylan, who just returned in early September after missing nearly five months following back surgery. He was diagnosed with tears in both his rotator cuff and labrum. He’ll see Dr. James Andrews before a decision is made on whether to operate.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 15
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 25
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 38
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)