Sep 23, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
Hanson, out since early August with a small tear in his rotator cuff, felt pain in his shoulder blade while working in an instructional league game Friday and exited after two innings.
The hope was that Hanson would go three or four innings today and then start the regular-season finale for the Braves on Wednesday, putting him in line to potentially pitch in the NLDS. Since Wednesday’s session is out now, it’s hard to imagine the Braves carrying him on their playoff roster. Perhaps he’ll be a possibility if they advance to the NLCS.
The news was even worse for Moylan, who just returned in early September after missing nearly five months following back surgery. He was diagnosed with tears in both his rotator cuff and labrum. He’ll see Dr. James Andrews before a decision is made on whether to operate.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29