Sep 23, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
Hanson, out since early August with a small tear in his rotator cuff, felt pain in his shoulder blade while working in an instructional league game Friday and exited after two innings.
The hope was that Hanson would go three or four innings today and then start the regular-season finale for the Braves on Wednesday, putting him in line to potentially pitch in the NLDS. Since Wednesday’s session is out now, it’s hard to imagine the Braves carrying him on their playoff roster. Perhaps he’ll be a possibility if they advance to the NLCS.
The news was even worse for Moylan, who just returned in early September after missing nearly five months following back surgery. He was diagnosed with tears in both his rotator cuff and labrum. He’ll see Dr. James Andrews before a decision is made on whether to operate.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59