Sep 23, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT
Hanson, out since early August with a small tear in his rotator cuff, felt pain in his shoulder blade while working in an instructional league game Friday and exited after two innings.
The hope was that Hanson would go three or four innings today and then start the regular-season finale for the Braves on Wednesday, putting him in line to potentially pitch in the NLDS. Since Wednesday’s session is out now, it’s hard to imagine the Braves carrying him on their playoff roster. Perhaps he’ll be a possibility if they advance to the NLCS.
The news was even worse for Moylan, who just returned in early September after missing nearly five months following back surgery. He was diagnosed with tears in both his rotator cuff and labrum. He’ll see Dr. James Andrews before a decision is made on whether to operate.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 160
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)