Sep 23, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
Denard Span rejoined the Twins’ lineup Wednesday after missing most of the past four months with a concussion, but he didn’t play in yesterday’s game and Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports that he re-triggered some of the post-concussion symptoms by rear-ending teammate Danny Valencia while driving to the airport.
Span was following Valencia from Target Field to airport and ran into his car in stop and go traffic. Valencia’s fiance was driving. Span and Valencia were able to joke about the accident, but both are dealing with whiplash and headaches.
The story would be pretty funny if Span’s health status and the Twins’ entire season weren’t so depressing, and the fact that Justin Morneau still isn’t right physically 15 months after suffering his own concussion last year only adds to the sadness.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)