Sep 23, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Mike Zagurski has posted some excellent numbers in the minors, but the Phillies have been hesitant to give the 28-year-old reliever an extended opportunity and have now traded him to the Diamondbacks for a player to be named later or cash.
Zagurski has appeared in just 12 games for the Phillies during the past two seasons after a 25-game stint with them as a rookie in 2007, but the left-hander has a 2.88 ERA and 145 strikeouts in 116 innings at Triple-A.
Arizona designated Esmerling Vasquez for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster for Zagurski.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 16
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 11
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires