Sep 23, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Mike Zagurski has posted some excellent numbers in the minors, but the Phillies have been hesitant to give the 28-year-old reliever an extended opportunity and have now traded him to the Diamondbacks for a player to be named later or cash.
Zagurski has appeared in just 12 games for the Phillies during the past two seasons after a 25-game stint with them as a rookie in 2007, but the left-hander has a 2.88 ERA and 145 strikeouts in 116 innings at Triple-A.
Arizona designated Esmerling Vasquez for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster for Zagurski.
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 0
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 28
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)