Sep 23, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Mike Zagurski has posted some excellent numbers in the minors, but the Phillies have been hesitant to give the 28-year-old reliever an extended opportunity and have now traded him to the Diamondbacks for a player to be named later or cash.
Zagurski has appeared in just 12 games for the Phillies during the past two seasons after a 25-game stint with them as a rookie in 2007, but the left-hander has a 2.88 ERA and 145 strikeouts in 116 innings at Triple-A.
Arizona designated Esmerling Vasquez for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster for Zagurski.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 59
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)