Sep 23, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Texas’ bullpen will likely be short-handed for the beginning of the playoffs, as middle reliever Mark Lowe has been diagnosed with a Grade 2 hamstring strain.
Lowe suffered the injury during pregame warmups Wednesday and general manager Jon Daniels called it “a freak thing” that “definitely puts his availability in doubt.”
Lowe has pitched well this season with a 3.80 ERA and 42/19 K/BB ratio in 45 innings, but fortunately for the Rangers by adding multiple veteran relievers at midseason they have plenty of bullpen depth to pick up the slack in his absence.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)