Sep 23, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Texas’ bullpen will likely be short-handed for the beginning of the playoffs, as middle reliever Mark Lowe has been diagnosed with a Grade 2 hamstring strain.
Lowe suffered the injury during pregame warmups Wednesday and general manager Jon Daniels called it “a freak thing” that “definitely puts his availability in doubt.”
Lowe has pitched well this season with a 3.80 ERA and 42/19 K/BB ratio in 45 innings, but fortunately for the Rangers by adding multiple veteran relievers at midseason they have plenty of bullpen depth to pick up the slack in his absence.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)