Sep 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
And these visions .. of Mickey Stanley … still conquer my mind …
Miguel Caberea hasn’t played third base since 2008 and hasn’t played it regularly since 2007, but if the Tigers make the World Series this year, that’s where he’ll be playing when Detroit travels to Atlanta, er, I mean the National League park. Why? Well, that’s pretty easy: Victor Martinez will have to play someplace, and that place will be first base.
Cabrera has already begun to take grounders at third, though Leyland stresses that it’s not a matter of getting ahead of himself. It’s just a matter of it likely taking a long damn time to get Cabrera ready to play third.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)