Sep 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
And these visions .. of Mickey Stanley … still conquer my mind …
Miguel Caberea hasn’t played third base since 2008 and hasn’t played it regularly since 2007, but if the Tigers make the World Series this year, that’s where he’ll be playing when Detroit travels to Atlanta, er, I mean the National League park. Why? Well, that’s pretty easy: Victor Martinez will have to play someplace, and that place will be first base.
Cabrera has already begun to take grounders at third, though Leyland stresses that it’s not a matter of getting ahead of himself. It’s just a matter of it likely taking a long damn time to get Cabrera ready to play third.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)