Sep 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
And these visions .. of Mickey Stanley … still conquer my mind …
Miguel Caberea hasn’t played third base since 2008 and hasn’t played it regularly since 2007, but if the Tigers make the World Series this year, that’s where he’ll be playing when Detroit travels to Atlanta, er, I mean the National League park. Why? Well, that’s pretty easy: Victor Martinez will have to play someplace, and that place will be first base.
Cabrera has already begun to take grounders at third, though Leyland stresses that it’s not a matter of getting ahead of himself. It’s just a matter of it likely taking a long damn time to get Cabrera ready to play third.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)