Sep 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
And these visions .. of Mickey Stanley … still conquer my mind …
Miguel Caberea hasn’t played third base since 2008 and hasn’t played it regularly since 2007, but if the Tigers make the World Series this year, that’s where he’ll be playing when Detroit travels to Atlanta, er, I mean the National League park. Why? Well, that’s pretty easy: Victor Martinez will have to play someplace, and that place will be first base.
Cabrera has already begun to take grounders at third, though Leyland stresses that it’s not a matter of getting ahead of himself. It’s just a matter of it likely taking a long damn time to get Cabrera ready to play third.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8