Sep 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
And these visions .. of Mickey Stanley … still conquer my mind …
Miguel Caberea hasn’t played third base since 2008 and hasn’t played it regularly since 2007, but if the Tigers make the World Series this year, that’s where he’ll be playing when Detroit travels to Atlanta, er, I mean the National League park. Why? Well, that’s pretty easy: Victor Martinez will have to play someplace, and that place will be first base.
Cabrera has already begun to take grounders at third, though Leyland stresses that it’s not a matter of getting ahead of himself. It’s just a matter of it likely taking a long damn time to get Cabrera ready to play third.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)