Sep 23, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
I mentioned yesterday that if “Moneyball” makes a bunch of dough that Hollywood — being what it is — will likely try to go back to that well as many times as it can. One candidate would certainly be the Tampa Bay Rays story, working off of Jonah Keri’s “The Extra 2%.” But really, there are many potential baseball/business combinations just ripe for some good old fashioned story-tellin’.
Over at BaseballNation today, Grant Brisbee outlines several possibilities, complete with excerpts from the screenplays. My favorite: The Boston Red Sox story: “Moneyball II: Now Featuring Money … How an underdog team used smarts and a crap-ton of money to persevere.”
Go for the lols, stay for the lols.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy