Sep 24, 2011, 8:24 PM EDT
Whether it’s based in reality or merely wishful thinking, here’s the note from Stephen Goff, beat writer for Examiner.com:
Drayton McLane Jr. told me he expects MLB to approve the final sale of the Astros to Jim Crane’s group sometime over the next 3 to 4 weeks.
The two sides reached a $680 million purchase agreement back in May, but it’s taken several months to get approval from Major League Baseball.
Crane has a bit of a bad reputation, warranted or not, and there’s some speculation that the commissioner’s office is trying to get his permission to move the team from the National League Central to the American League West — holding the sale approval over his head until he agrees. Whatever the case, it sounds as though McLane has been told by someone somewhere that progress is being made.
We should find out before the end of the World Series how MLB really fells about Crane and his crew.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17