Sep 24, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Well, this isn’t exactly what Felix Hernandez had in mind for his final start of the season.
According to Greg Johns of MLB.com, Hernandez suffered a bruised right forearm this afternoon against the Rangers when he was hit by a comebacker off the bat of Michael Young. King Felix looked to be considerable pain as he was rushed off the field by trainers, but the good news is that he did not suffer any sort of fracture.
Hernandez was charged with seven runs (five earned) on 12 hits over 3 1/3 innings in today’s start. The 2010 American League Cy Young winner will finish the season with a 14-13 record to go along with 3.47 ERA and 222/67 K/BB ratio over 233 2/3 innings.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)