Sep 24, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Well, this isn’t exactly what Felix Hernandez had in mind for his final start of the season.
According to Greg Johns of MLB.com, Hernandez suffered a bruised right forearm this afternoon against the Rangers when he was hit by a comebacker off the bat of Michael Young. King Felix looked to be considerable pain as he was rushed off the field by trainers, but the good news is that he did not suffer any sort of fracture.
Hernandez was charged with seven runs (five earned) on 12 hits over 3 1/3 innings in today’s start. The 2010 American League Cy Young winner will finish the season with a 14-13 record to go along with 3.47 ERA and 222/67 K/BB ratio over 233 2/3 innings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)