Sep 24, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Well, this isn’t exactly what Felix Hernandez had in mind for his final start of the season.
According to Greg Johns of MLB.com, Hernandez suffered a bruised right forearm this afternoon against the Rangers when he was hit by a comebacker off the bat of Michael Young. King Felix looked to be considerable pain as he was rushed off the field by trainers, but the good news is that he did not suffer any sort of fracture.
Hernandez was charged with seven runs (five earned) on 12 hits over 3 1/3 innings in today’s start. The 2010 American League Cy Young winner will finish the season with a 14-13 record to go along with 3.47 ERA and 222/67 K/BB ratio over 233 2/3 innings.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)