Sep 24, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Well, this isn’t exactly what Felix Hernandez had in mind for his final start of the season.
According to Greg Johns of MLB.com, Hernandez suffered a bruised right forearm this afternoon against the Rangers when he was hit by a comebacker off the bat of Michael Young. King Felix looked to be considerable pain as he was rushed off the field by trainers, but the good news is that he did not suffer any sort of fracture.
Hernandez was charged with seven runs (five earned) on 12 hits over 3 1/3 innings in today’s start. The 2010 American League Cy Young winner will finish the season with a 14-13 record to go along with 3.47 ERA and 222/67 K/BB ratio over 233 2/3 innings.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)