Sep 24, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Well, this isn’t exactly what Felix Hernandez had in mind for his final start of the season.
According to Greg Johns of MLB.com, Hernandez suffered a bruised right forearm this afternoon against the Rangers when he was hit by a comebacker off the bat of Michael Young. King Felix looked to be considerable pain as he was rushed off the field by trainers, but the good news is that he did not suffer any sort of fracture.
Hernandez was charged with seven runs (five earned) on 12 hits over 3 1/3 innings in today’s start. The 2010 American League Cy Young winner will finish the season with a 14-13 record to go along with 3.47 ERA and 222/67 K/BB ratio over 233 2/3 innings.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)