Sep 24, 2011, 10:30 PM EST
Crowe, who underwent surgery on his right shoulder in March, strained his left shoulder during Saturday’s 8-2 defeat of the Twins. It’s not a major injury, and shouldn’t affect his offseason regimen, but the out-of-contention Indians will wrap up their regular season schedule on Wednesday evening and that does not leave enough time for a proper recovery.
Crowe, 27, batted .214/.313/.250 with just one extra-base hit in 15 games this season after returning from the 60-day disabled list in early September.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)