Sep 24, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
Crowe, who underwent surgery on his right shoulder in March, strained his left shoulder during Saturday’s 8-2 defeat of the Twins. It’s not a major injury, and shouldn’t affect his offseason regimen, but the out-of-contention Indians will wrap up their regular season schedule on Wednesday evening and that does not leave enough time for a proper recovery.
Crowe, 27, batted .214/.313/.250 with just one extra-base hit in 15 games this season after returning from the 60-day disabled list in early September.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)