Sep 24, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
Crowe, who underwent surgery on his right shoulder in March, strained his left shoulder during Saturday’s 8-2 defeat of the Twins. It’s not a major injury, and shouldn’t affect his offseason regimen, but the out-of-contention Indians will wrap up their regular season schedule on Wednesday evening and that does not leave enough time for a proper recovery.
Crowe, 27, batted .214/.313/.250 with just one extra-base hit in 15 games this season after returning from the 60-day disabled list in early September.
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 13
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 41
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 31
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)