Sep 24, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
Crowe, who underwent surgery on his right shoulder in March, strained his left shoulder during Saturday’s 8-2 defeat of the Twins. It’s not a major injury, and shouldn’t affect his offseason regimen, but the out-of-contention Indians will wrap up their regular season schedule on Wednesday evening and that does not leave enough time for a proper recovery.
Crowe, 27, batted .214/.313/.250 with just one extra-base hit in 15 games this season after returning from the 60-day disabled list in early September.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20