Sep 24, 2011, 11:45 AM EST
Bad news for one of the most productive rookies in the National League.
Lucas Duda crashed into the right field wall while trying to track down a fly ball hit by Albert Pujols during Wednesday’s game. While it looked like a fairly innocuous play at the time, the rookie outfielder left the game with dizziness and is now suffering from headaches.
The Mets have yet to rule out a concussion and manager Terry Collins told Adam Rubin of ESPN New York this morning that Duda may not play in the final six games of the season.
Duda, 25, is batting .292/.370/.482 with 10 homers, 50 RBI and an .852 OPS over 347 plate appearances this season. He ranks 10th in the National League (among players with at least 200 plate appearances) with a .957 OPS since the All-Star break.
Collins told Rubin last night that he envisions Duda as the starting right fielder for the club in 2012. He also mentioned the possibility of flipping Jason Bay to right field and moving Duda to left.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 0
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 42
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 39
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)