Sep 24, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
This won’t be some magic elixir for the troubled Red Sox pitching staff, but Terry Francona has put together a new-look lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Yankees.
Here’s the lineup card, courtesy of the Boston Globe‘s Peter Abraham:
As for Crawford, this is his seventh start out of the No. 2 spot this season and his first since August 13. Meanwhile, Gonzalez hasn’t hit fifth since Opening Day.
While the Red Sox are just 5-16 in September, it hasn’t been on account of their offense. They enter play this afternoon averaging 5.81 runs per game this month.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)