Sep 24, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
This won’t be some magic elixir for the troubled Red Sox pitching staff, but Terry Francona has put together a new-look lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Yankees.
Here’s the lineup card, courtesy of the Boston Globe‘s Peter Abraham:
As for Crawford, this is his seventh start out of the No. 2 spot this season and his first since August 13. Meanwhile, Gonzalez hasn’t hit fifth since Opening Day.
While the Red Sox are just 5-16 in September, it hasn’t been on account of their offense. They enter play this afternoon averaging 5.81 runs per game this month.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)