Sep 24, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
This won’t be some magic elixir for the troubled Red Sox pitching staff, but Terry Francona has put together a new-look lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Yankees.
Here’s the lineup card, courtesy of the Boston Globe‘s Peter Abraham:
As for Crawford, this is his seventh start out of the No. 2 spot this season and his first since August 13. Meanwhile, Gonzalez hasn’t hit fifth since Opening Day.
While the Red Sox are just 5-16 in September, it hasn’t been on account of their offense. They enter play this afternoon averaging 5.81 runs per game this month.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)