Sep 24, 2011, 2:15 PM EST
This won’t be some magic elixir for the troubled Red Sox pitching staff, but Terry Francona has put together a new-look lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Yankees.
Here’s the lineup card, courtesy of the Boston Globe‘s Peter Abraham:
As for Crawford, this is his seventh start out of the No. 2 spot this season and his first since August 13. Meanwhile, Gonzalez hasn’t hit fifth since Opening Day.
While the Red Sox are just 5-16 in September, it hasn’t been on account of their offense. They enter play this afternoon averaging 5.81 runs per game this month.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 63
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 20
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)