Sep 25, 2011, 3:16 PM EST
CarGo is still battling soreness in his banged-up right wrist and had a wisdom tooth extracted last week.
He could probably push through the discomfort and function as a pinch-hitter or defensive replacement over the Rockies’ final handful of games, but what would be the point? The Rockies entered play Sunday 21 games back of the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings and 18 games behind the Braves in the National League Wild Card chase. They’re, um, out of it.
Gonzalez, 25, batted .295/.363/.526 with 26 home runs, 92 RBI and 20 stolen bases in 542 plate appearances this year for fourth-place Colorado. He earned National League MVP votes last season when he posted a .336/.376/.598 slash line, 34 home runs, 117 RBI and 26 steals across 636 plate appearances.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)