Sep 25, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
CarGo is still battling soreness in his banged-up right wrist and had a wisdom tooth extracted last week.
He could probably push through the discomfort and function as a pinch-hitter or defensive replacement over the Rockies’ final handful of games, but what would be the point? The Rockies entered play Sunday 21 games back of the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings and 18 games behind the Braves in the National League Wild Card chase. They’re, um, out of it.
Gonzalez, 25, batted .295/.363/.526 with 26 home runs, 92 RBI and 20 stolen bases in 542 plate appearances this year for fourth-place Colorado. He earned National League MVP votes last season when he posted a .336/.376/.598 slash line, 34 home runs, 117 RBI and 26 steals across 636 plate appearances.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 7
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles