Sep 25, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
Soria was able to play catch on flat ground Friday without feeling discomfort, but the Royals’ medical staff needs to see him to throw consecutive bullpen sessions before giving their clearance and he simply won’t have enough time to pull that off.
Soria, 27, posted a career-worst 4.03 ERA and 1.28 WHIP in 60 relief appearances this year, striking out 60 batters in 60 1/3 innings while issuing 17 walks. He finished with only 28 saves and even lost a longtime nickname, albeit for the right reasons.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59