Sep 25, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
Soria was able to play catch on flat ground Friday without feeling discomfort, but the Royals’ medical staff needs to see him to throw consecutive bullpen sessions before giving their clearance and he simply won’t have enough time to pull that off.
Soria, 27, posted a career-worst 4.03 ERA and 1.28 WHIP in 60 relief appearances this year, striking out 60 batters in 60 1/3 innings while issuing 17 walks. He finished with only 28 saves and even lost a longtime nickname, albeit for the right reasons.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)