Sep 26, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Farrell will miss today’s game against the White Sox after leaving the team and traveling to Boston for his son’s surgery.
According to Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star the manager’s 20-year-old son, Luke Farrell, will “undergo a major scheduled operation” the details of which aren’t being made public.
Farrell is expected to return to the Blue Jays on either Tuesday or Wednesday to finish his first season as manager in the dugout.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 0
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 27
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)