Sep 26, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Farrell will miss today’s game against the White Sox after leaving the team and traveling to Boston for his son’s surgery.
According to Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star the manager’s 20-year-old son, Luke Farrell, will “undergo a major scheduled operation” the details of which aren’t being made public.
Farrell is expected to return to the Blue Jays on either Tuesday or Wednesday to finish his first season as manager in the dugout.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)