Sep 26, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Farrell will miss today’s game against the White Sox after leaving the team and traveling to Boston for his son’s surgery.
According to Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star the manager’s 20-year-old son, Luke Farrell, will “undergo a major scheduled operation” the details of which aren’t being made public.
Farrell is expected to return to the Blue Jays on either Tuesday or Wednesday to finish his first season as manager in the dugout.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)