Sep 26, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Farrell will miss today’s game against the White Sox after leaving the team and traveling to Boston for his son’s surgery.
According to Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star the manager’s 20-year-old son, Luke Farrell, will “undergo a major scheduled operation” the details of which aren’t being made public.
Farrell is expected to return to the Blue Jays on either Tuesday or Wednesday to finish his first season as manager in the dugout.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)