Sep 26, 2011, 7:18 PM EST
Orioles manager Buck Showalter was examined in the dugout and helped back into the clubhouse in the top of the first inning Monday night during Baltimore’s game against the Red Sox.
It’s unclear what might have happened with Showalter, but he wasn’t very steady on his feet as he exited. He didn’t seem particularly alert before departing, even when the trainer shined a light into his eyes as part of the quick exam on the bench.
So, let’s just hope Buck is OK.
7:20 p.m. EDT: The Orioles have stated that Showalter suffered a minor ankle injury earlier in the day, which might help explain why Showalter needed help getting down to the clubhouse as he left. There has to be more going on than that alone, though. Showalter would have managed through a minor ankle injury.
8:45 p.m. EDT: Apparently, it really was a false alarm. Looking much more like his usual self, Showalter returned to his seat on the bench to begin the third inning.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27