Sep 26, 2011, 7:18 PM EST
Orioles manager Buck Showalter was examined in the dugout and helped back into the clubhouse in the top of the first inning Monday night during Baltimore’s game against the Red Sox.
It’s unclear what might have happened with Showalter, but he wasn’t very steady on his feet as he exited. He didn’t seem particularly alert before departing, even when the trainer shined a light into his eyes as part of the quick exam on the bench.
So, let’s just hope Buck is OK.
7:20 p.m. EDT: The Orioles have stated that Showalter suffered a minor ankle injury earlier in the day, which might help explain why Showalter needed help getting down to the clubhouse as he left. There has to be more going on than that alone, though. Showalter would have managed through a minor ankle injury.
8:45 p.m. EDT: Apparently, it really was a false alarm. Looking much more like his usual self, Showalter returned to his seat on the bench to begin the third inning.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)