Sep 26, 2011, 7:18 PM EDT
Orioles manager Buck Showalter was examined in the dugout and helped back into the clubhouse in the top of the first inning Monday night during Baltimore’s game against the Red Sox.
It’s unclear what might have happened with Showalter, but he wasn’t very steady on his feet as he exited. He didn’t seem particularly alert before departing, even when the trainer shined a light into his eyes as part of the quick exam on the bench.
So, let’s just hope Buck is OK.
7:20 p.m. EDT: The Orioles have stated that Showalter suffered a minor ankle injury earlier in the day, which might help explain why Showalter needed help getting down to the clubhouse as he left. There has to be more going on than that alone, though. Showalter would have managed through a minor ankle injury.
8:45 p.m. EDT: Apparently, it really was a false alarm. Looking much more like his usual self, Showalter returned to his seat on the bench to begin the third inning.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)