Sep 26, 2011, 7:18 PM EST
Orioles manager Buck Showalter was examined in the dugout and helped back into the clubhouse in the top of the first inning Monday night during Baltimore’s game against the Red Sox.
It’s unclear what might have happened with Showalter, but he wasn’t very steady on his feet as he exited. He didn’t seem particularly alert before departing, even when the trainer shined a light into his eyes as part of the quick exam on the bench.
So, let’s just hope Buck is OK.
7:20 p.m. EDT: The Orioles have stated that Showalter suffered a minor ankle injury earlier in the day, which might help explain why Showalter needed help getting down to the clubhouse as he left. There has to be more going on than that alone, though. Showalter would have managed through a minor ankle injury.
8:45 p.m. EDT: Apparently, it really was a false alarm. Looking much more like his usual self, Showalter returned to his seat on the bench to begin the third inning.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)