Sep 26, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter has experienced a setback in his treatment for brain cancer, with his daughter writing in the family’s online journal that doctors discovered “an abnormal and unusual spot” on his right temple and scheduled him for a biopsy.
Here are the details provided by Kimmy Bloemers, via Adam Rubin of ESPN New York:
When I saw the look on my dad’s face, I just wanted to cry. This journey has been so emotional when there has been just one thing after the next that dad has to conquer. Dad did not complain; he just had look of sadness. I really hate that dad has to go through such a tough road. Dad got the biopsy and actually had several spots removed in various places. We hope to find out the results soon.
Once piece of positive news is that Carter’s white blood cell count has risen enough for him to receive a higher dosage of chemotherapy, which had been delayed.
To show support for Carter you can purchase “Team Carter” merchandise from TeamCarterStore.com, which donates money to various charities on behalf of the Gary Carter Foundation.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 57
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)