Sep 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Everyone is so focused on the chokes-in-progress back east that we didn’t take notice of the nausea out west. Justin Upton‘s nausea, which could be of some concern for Arizona.
Upton was hit in the head by a Tim Lincecum pitch yesterday. He stayed in the game, but he experienced nausea while running the bases and did not take the field with his teammates for the bottom of the second inning. All of the usual tests were done and Upton reportedly checked out fine, but the Dbacks are going to reevaluate him today.
Right now it doesn’t seem like a big deal — maybe he just had some bad carry out before the game — but any time your best player is less-than-jake a few days before the playoffs begin, you have to be at least a bit worried.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)