Sep 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Everyone is so focused on the chokes-in-progress back east that we didn’t take notice of the nausea out west. Justin Upton‘s nausea, which could be of some concern for Arizona.
Upton was hit in the head by a Tim Lincecum pitch yesterday. He stayed in the game, but he experienced nausea while running the bases and did not take the field with his teammates for the bottom of the second inning. All of the usual tests were done and Upton reportedly checked out fine, but the Dbacks are going to reevaluate him today.
Right now it doesn’t seem like a big deal — maybe he just had some bad carry out before the game — but any time your best player is less-than-jake a few days before the playoffs begin, you have to be at least a bit worried.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)