Sep 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Everyone is so focused on the chokes-in-progress back east that we didn’t take notice of the nausea out west. Justin Upton‘s nausea, which could be of some concern for Arizona.
Upton was hit in the head by a Tim Lincecum pitch yesterday. He stayed in the game, but he experienced nausea while running the bases and did not take the field with his teammates for the bottom of the second inning. All of the usual tests were done and Upton reportedly checked out fine, but the Dbacks are going to reevaluate him today.
Right now it doesn’t seem like a big deal — maybe he just had some bad carry out before the game — but any time your best player is less-than-jake a few days before the playoffs begin, you have to be at least a bit worried.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11