Sep 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Everyone is so focused on the chokes-in-progress back east that we didn’t take notice of the nausea out west. Justin Upton‘s nausea, which could be of some concern for Arizona.
Upton was hit in the head by a Tim Lincecum pitch yesterday. He stayed in the game, but he experienced nausea while running the bases and did not take the field with his teammates for the bottom of the second inning. All of the usual tests were done and Upton reportedly checked out fine, but the Dbacks are going to reevaluate him today.
Right now it doesn’t seem like a big deal — maybe he just had some bad carry out before the game — but any time your best player is less-than-jake a few days before the playoffs begin, you have to be at least a bit worried.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million