Sep 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
Everyone is so focused on the chokes-in-progress back east that we didn’t take notice of the nausea out west. Justin Upton‘s nausea, which could be of some concern for Arizona.
Upton was hit in the head by a Tim Lincecum pitch yesterday. He stayed in the game, but he experienced nausea while running the bases and did not take the field with his teammates for the bottom of the second inning. All of the usual tests were done and Upton reportedly checked out fine, but the Dbacks are going to reevaluate him today.
Right now it doesn’t seem like a big deal — maybe he just had some bad carry out before the game — but any time your best player is less-than-jake a few days before the playoffs begin, you have to be at least a bit worried.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15