Sep 26, 2011, 6:55 PM EST
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, who has said he wouldn’t return in 2012 unless his contract situations is addressed, met with team owner Jerry Reinsdorf for 35 minutes on Monday, but he said that little was resolved.
“I left the meeting with nothing,” he said.
The Chicago Tribune’s Mark Gonzales tweets the more interesting quotes from Guillen’s postmeeting chat/rant, including the choice piece in the title.
The White Sox hold a 2012 option on Guillen, and it’s unclear whether they’ll exercise it, particularly since Guillen might see it as trying to keep him there against his wishes. As for Guillen’s salary, that’s never been revealed, although it’s well known that he isn’t making as much as managers such as Mike Scioscia, Tony La Russa and Terry Francona. ESPN Chicago’s Doug Padilla believes the option is worth right around $2 million.
With the relationship between the White Sox and Guillen looking pretty sour at the moment, there’s only going to be more speculation about Guillen potentially taking over the Marlins next year.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)