Sep 26, 2011, 6:55 PM EST
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, who has said he wouldn’t return in 2012 unless his contract situations is addressed, met with team owner Jerry Reinsdorf for 35 minutes on Monday, but he said that little was resolved.
“I left the meeting with nothing,” he said.
The Chicago Tribune’s Mark Gonzales tweets the more interesting quotes from Guillen’s postmeeting chat/rant, including the choice piece in the title.
The White Sox hold a 2012 option on Guillen, and it’s unclear whether they’ll exercise it, particularly since Guillen might see it as trying to keep him there against his wishes. As for Guillen’s salary, that’s never been revealed, although it’s well known that he isn’t making as much as managers such as Mike Scioscia, Tony La Russa and Terry Francona. ESPN Chicago’s Doug Padilla believes the option is worth right around $2 million.
With the relationship between the White Sox and Guillen looking pretty sour at the moment, there’s only going to be more speculation about Guillen potentially taking over the Marlins next year.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)