Sep 26, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, who has said he wouldn’t return in 2012 unless his contract situations is addressed, met with team owner Jerry Reinsdorf for 35 minutes on Monday, but he said that little was resolved.
“I left the meeting with nothing,” he said.
The Chicago Tribune’s Mark Gonzales tweets the more interesting quotes from Guillen’s postmeeting chat/rant, including the choice piece in the title.
The White Sox hold a 2012 option on Guillen, and it’s unclear whether they’ll exercise it, particularly since Guillen might see it as trying to keep him there against his wishes. As for Guillen’s salary, that’s never been revealed, although it’s well known that he isn’t making as much as managers such as Mike Scioscia, Tony La Russa and Terry Francona. ESPN Chicago’s Doug Padilla believes the option is worth right around $2 million.
With the relationship between the White Sox and Guillen looking pretty sour at the moment, there’s only going to be more speculation about Guillen potentially taking over the Marlins next year.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights