Sep 26, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Peter Moylan had hoped to avoid surgery after being diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder last week, but the Braves announced that he’ll go under the knife following a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews.
In many cases rotator cuff surgery is even tougher to come back from than Tommy John elbow surgery, so the 32-year-old reliever may very well miss all of next season.
He missed most of this season following back surgery in May and lasted just six appearances before the shoulder problems shut down him again.
On the bright side, it does give him more time to play dress-up.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)