Sep 26, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
Peter Moylan had hoped to avoid surgery after being diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder last week, but the Braves announced that he’ll go under the knife following a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews.
In many cases rotator cuff surgery is even tougher to come back from than Tommy John elbow surgery, so the 32-year-old reliever may very well miss all of next season.
He missed most of this season following back surgery in May and lasted just six appearances before the shoulder problems shut down him again.
On the bright side, it does give him more time to play dress-up.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)