Sep 26, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
Peter Moylan had hoped to avoid surgery after being diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder last week, but the Braves announced that he’ll go under the knife following a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews.
In many cases rotator cuff surgery is even tougher to come back from than Tommy John elbow surgery, so the 32-year-old reliever may very well miss all of next season.
He missed most of this season following back surgery in May and lasted just six appearances before the shoulder problems shut down him again.
On the bright side, it does give him more time to play dress-up.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 10
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 50
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)