Sep 26, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Peter Moylan had hoped to avoid surgery after being diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder last week, but the Braves announced that he’ll go under the knife following a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews.
In many cases rotator cuff surgery is even tougher to come back from than Tommy John elbow surgery, so the 32-year-old reliever may very well miss all of next season.
He missed most of this season following back surgery in May and lasted just six appearances before the shoulder problems shut down him again.
On the bright side, it does give him more time to play dress-up.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)