Sep 26, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
Of course, it’s just as boring and unscandalous as most public statements:
John Lackey is dealing with a deeply personal family issue, and it is one the Red Sox do not feel is appropriate for public debate. The Red Sox request that John and Krista’s privacy be respected. The Red Sox will not have any further comment.
For what it’s worth, FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal seems to have the best take on the whole thing right now. At least, he’s a bit more thoughtful about the whole thing than Yahoo’s Jeff Passan and SI.com’s Jon Heyman.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8