Sep 26, 2011, 6:17 PM EST
Of course, it’s just as boring and unscandalous as most public statements:
John Lackey is dealing with a deeply personal family issue, and it is one the Red Sox do not feel is appropriate for public debate. The Red Sox request that John and Krista’s privacy be respected. The Red Sox will not have any further comment.
For what it’s worth, FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal seems to have the best take on the whole thing right now. At least, he’s a bit more thoughtful about the whole thing than Yahoo’s Jeff Passan and SI.com’s Jon Heyman.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)