Sep 26, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
Of course, it’s just as boring and unscandalous as most public statements:
John Lackey is dealing with a deeply personal family issue, and it is one the Red Sox do not feel is appropriate for public debate. The Red Sox request that John and Krista’s privacy be respected. The Red Sox will not have any further comment.
For what it’s worth, FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal seems to have the best take on the whole thing right now. At least, he’s a bit more thoughtful about the whole thing than Yahoo’s Jeff Passan and SI.com’s Jon Heyman.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)