Sep 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Juan Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Marlins might look to trade Ricky Nolasco this winter.
It wasn’t the kind of season the Marlins figured they’d get from Nolasco after signing him to a three-year, $26.5 million deal last winter. He has a 4.67 ERA in 33 starts this season. He has given up one more hit per nine innings this year than he did last year and his strikeout rate is down a couple per nine as well.
Hard to stay, in light of that, if anyone would be willing to take a chance on a guy owed quite a bit of money who, even before this season’s decline, only had one year when he resembled something like a front line starter. And that was back in 2008.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 84
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)