Sep 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Juan Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Marlins might look to trade Ricky Nolasco this winter.
It wasn’t the kind of season the Marlins figured they’d get from Nolasco after signing him to a three-year, $26.5 million deal last winter. He has a 4.67 ERA in 33 starts this season. He has given up one more hit per nine innings this year than he did last year and his strikeout rate is down a couple per nine as well.
Hard to stay, in light of that, if anyone would be willing to take a chance on a guy owed quite a bit of money who, even before this season’s decline, only had one year when he resembled something like a front line starter. And that was back in 2008.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (160)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)