Sep 26, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
I don’t think this tweet from Nick Cafardo is necessarily indicative of the state of the Red Sox. My guess is that Jon Lester starts Wednesday regardless of what happens in the world of transactions.
But there is something kinda hilarious to me about the idea that the Red Sox could be playing for their baseball lives on Wednesday and still have some doubt about whether the guy who’s gonna take the ball for them is on their team at present:
And no, there’s no reason why I used Tim Wakefield‘s picture here. I just have a backlog of “sad Red Sox” that I want to use up before the season is over.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)